Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rise of the Werewolves: 3 Very Different Stories About Lycanthropes

I'm not much for paranormal fiction (except, I suppose, zombies). I never read a lot of vampire fiction ? be it Anne Rice or Stephenie Meyer ? and so I've largely avoided the various books about other things that go bump in the night. But in the past few months I was sent a couple of books about werewolves, and I thought it might be fun to read them all in a batch and see how they compare. These three are very different books, not at all aimed at the same target audience, so it's interesting to see how each author decided to handle the werewolf mythos. The Pack is pulpy adult horror fiction; Wereworld is middle grade fantasy; The Last Werewolf is adult literary fiction.

hook diners drive ins and... push

No comments:

Post a Comment